Closing date for applications: February 03, 2017
We are looking for a Graphic Designer with creative flair and up-to-date knowledge of industry software and a professional approach to time, costs and deadlines. This role supports the BRC events across BRC and training teams to create and develop integrated marketing communications This is permanent, full time role based at the BRC’s head office in London Bridge and the position reports to the Content and Communications Manager.
A Graphic Designer is required for the development of a variety of innovative communication tools, including website development, collaterals, publications, posters, social media posters, infographics, data visualisations, exhibitions/displays, email marketing, corporate communications, print, PowerPoint presentations and corporate identity to support the BRC and its objectives. The role will require the development of creative ideas and concepts and the production of the final artwork.
The role will support the communications team to help promote the BRC and its objectives.
The role will also support the BRC events across BRC and training teams to create and develop integrated marketing communications.
The work demands creative flair, up-to-date knowledge of industry software and a professional approach to time, costs and deadlines.
This is permanent, full time role based at the BRC’s head office in London Bridge and the position reports to the Content and Communications Manager.
- Supporting the Corporate Affairs department for the creation and development of a range of online and offline communication tools
- Producing quality and engaging digital/offline content (to include publications, posters, animations, graphics, infographics) to tell the visual story relevant to a campaign or focus area of the business
- Liaising with team colleagues to create a digital brief and tailor the BRC’s digital messaging for a range of stakeholders/audiences
- Producing the design for the online content, format and publication of a quarterly magazine – the Retailer
- Identifying and increasing opportunities to use social media channels and tools across both businesses; advising on best practice and emerging trends
- Following corporate and brand guidelines
Skills & Knowledge:
- An enthusiastic, self-starter with the initiative to work with the business to create visual content to raise the profile of the retail industry, BRC campaigns and BRC communications
- Full understanding of graphic communication and branding design with a strong, varied portfolio that shows experience in both online and offline graphic design
- Relevant degree or post graduate qualification desirable
- Understanding of social marketing, multimedia opportunities
- Self-motivated with the ability to work autonomously, whilst still contributing to a strong team environment
- Proficient in the use of creative adobe software, with a background in digital online development and print. Specifically, we require InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator HTML5 (not necessarily expert, you won’t be coding)
- A creative thinker with strong design skills and problem solver who takes a proactive and intelligent approach to their work
- Project planning experience is essential
- Experience of working with CRM systems, web based email (HTML) software and website CMS
- PowerPoint presentations skills would be useful
- A tenacious ‘can do’ approach and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- A keen eye for detail
- A trusted and pro-active team player, supporting team colleagues in driving a culture of constant improvement
- Any experience and interest in data visualisation and/or 3D animation would be welcome
Salary & package
- Competitive base salary plus benefits package
- This is a permanent full time opportunity (35 hours per week), based at our head office in London Bridge.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying for the position please send your CV and covering letter giving current salary and notice period to: Jenna Banawa, BRC, 4th Floor, 2 London Bridge, London, SE1 9RA. Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
For external applicants: if you have not received any feedback within 14 days of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. May we thank you for your interest and wish you every success in your ongoing job search.