With an opening session by Carolyn Williams, Director of Corporate Relations at the Institute of Risk Management, your afternoon and evening will provide insight and discussion around:
• Real life retailer case studies and claims examples
• Implications of negligent policies and procedures
• How to manage an incident – the essentials
• Emerging risks and ways to protect your retail business
• Future regulatory and legal changes retailers should be prepared for today
In Feb 2016 new sentencing guidelines for health and safety offences and corporate manslaughter were introduced. This represents the most significant change in health and safety law for over 40 years, with fines now linked to an organisations turnover. Over a year on, this has resulted in greater fines (highest to date £5 million) and custodial sentences for individuals as well as irreparable damage to organisations – their people, reputation and finances.
Hosts NFU Mutual and panel solicitors DAC Beechcroft will look at how organisations can protect employees and limit the risks for personally accountable senior management and directors.
15:40 – Refreshments and welcome
16:00 – Presentation and roundtable discussion
18:00 – drinks and dinner
This event is by invite only. If you wish to attend please contact our events team directly.
Who should attend?
• Finance Directors
• Managing Directors
• Risk and Compliance Directors
The Gherkin, City of London, EC3A 8EP