Evidence shows that across our international value and supply chains, women disproportionately work in low skilled, low paid jobs with low job security and in often unsafe conditions.
There is growing pressure on UK retailers – from Government, NGOs and consumers – to take action. It’s a reputational as well as an ethical issue, and also good business practice.
In collaboration with Oxfam, we’re hosting a one-day workshop focused on the steps retailers can take to improve their approach to gender equality within their operations and value chains. We’ll look at case studies of what others are doing and provide toolkits to help retailers identify where and how they can take practical and effective action.
- Understand the main challenges within your workforce and why it matters for your business
- Explore good practice for procurement and sourcing strategies
- Consider the role of transformative leadership for women, and how it can be applied to your businesses
- Recognise what can be done to challenge and address violence and harassment in and out of work – and the business case for doing so
- Consider how you can use advertising to challenge social norms and achieve competitive advantage
REGISTER FOR FREEBOOK YOUR PLACE
If you would like more information, get in touch with the team at firstname.lastname@example.org