As new technology, changing consumer behaviour and intense competition continue to transform retail, the BRC estimate there could be up to 900,000 fewer jobs by 2025. Our ‘Better Jobs’ vision sets out the future retail workplace which will see jobs in retail become higher skilled, more productive and better paid.
Through the HR Community, members can help drive and benefit from this vision.
- HR Directors
- HR Managers
- HR Specialists - L&D/Talent/Pay & Reward/Employee Relations
|Enhance the momentum to Better Jobs||Achieve greater flexibility in the use of the Apprenticeship Levy|
Delivering for members
- Shifted government thinking on the Apprenticeship Levy and helped members prepare
- Delivered manageable National Minimum Wage/National Living Wage up-ratings
- Stretched thinking on flexible working, diversity & inclusion, and the future workforce
- Guided on gender pay gap reporting
- Made the case for a flexible, demand-led immigration system
- Ensured retail priorities in the UK’s basic digital skills framework
Prior to joining the BRC, Fionnuala was a senior policy advisor at the CBI and the Forum of Private Business.
Contact Fionnuala by email.