Closing date for applications: May 31, 2019
We’re looking for a passionate Digital Marketing Executive to join our busy membership, marketing and events team. Covering web, e-mail marketing and digital media, the successful candidate will have experience of managing and optimising digital communications to deliver best practice and boost channel performance.
ABOUT THE BRC:
The BRC is the leading trade association for the UK retail industry.
Retail is an exciting, dynamic and diverse industry. It is a driving force in our economy, and the UK’s largest private sector employer. Retailers touch the lives of millions of people every day, supporting vibrant communities where they operate.
The industry is going through a period of unprecedented change as technology transforms how people shop, at the same time as business rates and other public policy costs are rising, threatening the existence of household names in the industry.
The BRC’s purpose is to make a positive difference to the industry and the customers it serves, today and in the future. This means ensuring that the industry thrives through this period of change and it is a positive reinvention.
The BRC uses a number of digital channels to inform and engage its members and wider audiences including website, email marketing and social media.
We are looking for an individual with experience of managing and optimising digital channels to ensure best practice and improve individual and collective channel performance.
Specifically, the post-holder will:
- Work with colleagues across the BRC to source, curate and optimise website content
- Use the website CMS (Umbraco) to update existing pages and create news pages and sections in line with best practice (design, layout, writing style).
- Using platforms such as Indesign and Photoshop to create online/digital graphics and content such as videos and animations
- Develop ways to help grow website traffic and boost website SEO
- Manage day-to-day relationship with external CMS supplier – logging and resolving any web CMS/performance issues as they occur
- Support the Director of Membership to deliver planned web enhancements and developments
- Work with external suppliers and internal colleagues to develop and optimise e-mail marketing templates in line with best practice
- Use email marketing system (Click Dimensions) to manage the curation, build and send of corporate e-newsletters; and the CRM data system (Click Dynamics) to create targeted newsletter marketing lists
- Help test and optimise e-marketing communications delivered by different teams and departments across the business
- Help embed e-mail marketing best practice across the business, providing advice and expertise, delivering tips and training for teams and individuals
- Use appropriate tools and analytics to track and report on web and e-mail marketing performance
- Adopt an analytic approach to researching, innovating and ensuring best practice across web and e-marketing - suggesting and testing ideas to enhance user experience
- Work in close conjunction with the Corporate Affairs team to help curate and execute content via the BRCs social media channels – ensuring alignment with web and email newsletters
SKILLS & industry experience:
The ideal role holder will have the following attributes:
- Strong experience of managing and growing digital channels and websites, preferably in a B2B environment
- Basic understanding of html coding with solid experience of using different web CMS, email marketing systems and CRM platforms
- Experience of using analytics tools to measure and report on digital performance
- Experience of using Indesign, Photoshop etc to create online and digital graphics
- Capable of influencing colleagues to create or curate content
- Self-motivated with the ability to work autonomously, whilst still contributing to a strong team environment.
- A creative thinker and problem solver who takes a proactive and intelligent approach to their work
- A tenacious ‘can do’ approach and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- A keen eye for detail
Our values represent the spirit and ethos of our business. They drive actions and behaviours and encompass how we go about our engaging with each other:
WELCOMING - We are open, approachable, respectful and responsive.
COLLABORATIVE - We communicate openly and work together effectively with members and colleagues.
PASSIONATE - We are proud to represent the retail industry and consistently strive to improve.
VISIONARY - We look forward, adapt, and continually seek new opportunities and ideas.
TRUSTED - We constantly deliver value to our industry and make things happen in the right way.
SALARY & PACKAGE:
- Competitive base salary, plus attractive benefits package.
- This is a 12 month fixed term contract full time position (35 hours per week), based at our head office in London Bridge.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your CV and covering letter, stating your current salary and notice period to Jenna Coburn, HR Advisor, at email: firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 31st May 2019, we will be progressing with interviews with suitable candidates ahead of this closing date.
For external applicants: if you have not received any feedback within 14 days of your application, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. May we thank you for your interest and wish you every success in your ongoing job search.