Closing date for applications: August 09, 2019
ABOUT THE BRC
The BRC is the leading trade association for the UK retail industry.
Retail is an exciting, dynamic and diverse industry. It is a driving force in our economy, and the UK’s largest private sector employer. Retailers touch the lives of millions of people every day, supporting vibrant communities where they operate.
The industry is going through a period of unprecedented change as technology transforms how people shop, at the same time as business rates and other public policy costs are rising, threatening the existence of household names in the industry.
The BRC’s purpose is to make a positive difference to the industry and the customers it serves, today and in the future. This means ensuring that the industry thrives through this period of change and it is a positive reinvention.
Corporate affairs team
The BRC’s corporate affairs team tells the story of this transformation in retail. Our role is twofold:
- To protect & promote the reputation of the industry: ensuring that stakeholders understand the transformation in the industry and how retailers are adapting to be fit for the future; building awareness of corporate responsibility initiatives across the industry and the positive impact on society they create; protecting brands of member companies through effective management of high profile media issues.
- Using our expertise and influence to shape a policy environment that will allow retail businesses to thrive in the future.
We have a number of priority campaign areas: Brexit, skills, plastics and waste, business rates, nutrition, and crime.
BRC is a lean organisation. We have a flat structure and very little hierarchy. You will have true autonomy to lead elements of our public affairs agenda and a great opportunity to make a difference. You will be hungry, motivated, proactive and results driven, willing to give your opinion and challenge, comfortable asking for help, and eager to support your team mates when they need it. You will be resilient and calm and as adept at executing a project plan as you are in coming up with creative campaign ideas.
Reporting to the Corporate Affairs Director, you will:
- Lead on planning and delivery of integrated campaigns to engage political stakeholders. This could include high profile policy areas including the Deposit Return Scheme, the government’s Waste & Resources Strategy, the Apprenticeship Levy and the Childhood Obesity Strategy.
- Deliver legislative and political advocacy, messaging and stakeholder engagement; working with the communications team to ensure that appropriate use is made of all channels of communication including print and broadcast media, digital and social media and speaking and editorial opportunities, to influence government policy.
- Raise the BRC’s profile, credibility and influence with key political audiences by delivering well planned and executed campaigns to ensure that the BRC has the opportunity to shape and influence the debate.
- Develop and deliver a proactive political contact programme, preparing briefings for meetings, and developing strong relationships with key stakeholders, including in member companies. You may have a good contacts book already.
- Collect and review political and legislative intelligence at a strategic level and on critical issues, as well as using monitoring services, briefing BRC colleagues and members, to ensure that the BRC achieves its policy goals and that BRC policy colleagues are well supported.
- Be a great communicator with strong writing skills, with a good working knowledge of Westminster and Whitehall.
Skills & Knowledge
- Highly sophisticated knowledge of UK Government and the policy making, legislative and other processes that surround it
- Strong political networks, a track record in successful relationship building and political influencing, and a willingness to dedicate time and effort to broadening and deepening those networks
- Experience in a government relations or public affairs role
- Experience leading the development and implementation of government relations strategies for a number of different organisations and/or companies
- A clear handle on current retail public policy issues
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills and a proven track record of producing high quality content and materials
- Outstanding organizational abilities, in particular, the capacity to manage several different work streams at one time and the proactivity to drive work programmes forward and co-ordinate the involvement of all the relevant stakeholders
- Strong communicator, able to relate at any level
- Organised and able to work across multiple issues
- Good writing skills
- Attention to detail, ability to deliver projects to plan
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent time management
- Research and analytical skills
The five core competencies essential to successful delivery of the role remit:
Creating an environment, with appropriate structure and discipline, that promotes two-way communication within and outside own area of responsibility
PLANNING & ORGANISING
Delivering against short, medium and longer term priorities; taking accountability for delivering against personal objectives
IMPACT AND INFLUENCE
Influencing others through a combination of personal impact, gravitas, knowledge and experience
Willingly sharing knowledge and information with colleagues and working collaboratively with them to achieve personal, team and organisation goals
FLEXIBILITY & ADAPTABILITY
Demonstrating the ability to change and adapt personal behaviours or work processes to accommodate the changing needs of the organisation.
Our values represent the spirit and ethos of our business. They drive actions and behaviours and encompass how we go about our engaging with each other:
WELCOMING - We are open, approachable, respectful and responsive.
COLLABORATIVE - We communicate openly and work together effectively with members and colleagues.
PASSIONATE - We are proud to represent the retail industry and consistently strive to improve.
VISIONARY - We look forward, adapt, and continually seek new opportunities and ideas.
TRUSTED - We constantly deliver value to our industry and make things happen in the right way.
SALARY & PACKAGE
- Competitive base salary, plus attractive benefits package.
- This is a permanent, full time position (35 hours per week), based at our head office in London Bridge.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your CV and covering letter, stating your current salary and notice period to Jenna Coburn, HR Advisor, at email: email@example.com
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 9th August 2019. We will be progressing with interviews with suitable candidates ahead of this closing date.
For external applicants: if you have not received any feedback within 14 days of your application, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. May we thank you for your interest and wish you every success in your ongoing job search.