Closing date for applications: May 31, 2019
about tHE brc:
The BRC is the leading trade association for the UK retail industry.
Retail is an exciting, dynamic and diverse industry. It is a driving force in our economy, and the UK’s largest private sector employer. Retailers touch the lives of millions of people every day, supporting vibrant communities where they operate.
The industry is going through a period of unprecedented change as technology transforms how people shop, at the same time as business rates and other public policy costs are rising, threatening the existence of household names in the industry.
The BRC’s purpose is to make a positive difference to the industry and the customers it serves, today and in the future. This means ensuring that the industry thrives through this period of change and it is a positive reinvention.
Data is at the heart of what the BRC does. Our data collection and analysis gives authority to the BRC’s voice when campaigning on behalf of the industry and enhances our members’ ability to assess their own performance in comparison to the market.
The Data Manager will be at the heart of the Retail Insight Team’s activities. Managing the regular collection and reporting of market and economic data, the execution of surveys and in ensuring the data we hold is kept confidential and in good order.
- Management and administration of BRC insight data monitors including, liaising with stakeholders and data providers, making sure data are accurate and up to date and received on time and co-coordinating the production of regular reports.
- Ensuring spreadsheets and other data-bases are well organised and filed and that Insight team members are able to access relevant data
- Responding to requests for our data and publically available data from BRC staff and members
- Dealing with media inquiries related to data
- Manage execution of surveys, including chasing respondents, assisting in analysis of results, and reporting, liaising with policy team on the compilation of the final publication.
- Sending out e-mail notifications to members via the CRM system
- Updating the Retail Insight sections of the website as new data are released.
- Undertaking calculations and analysis using data
- Advising on and implementing best practice for collection and storing of data
- Scope for developing the role with candidate’s interests and abilities
Skills and INDUSTRY Experience
The ideal role holder will have:
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills – especially Excel and Word
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Knowledge of principles of data management
- Knowledge of and interest in retail and current affairs
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- A degree level education
- Experience of working with CRM Microsoft Dynamics
Additional personal attributes
The role holder must:
- Have a strong instinct for organisation and planning and excellent attention to detail
- Be a self-starter and willing to taking the initiative in getting things done
- Be confident in persuading and influencing other team members
- A willingness to learn
- Excellent interpersonal and team-working skills
The five core competencies essential to successful delivery of the role remit:
Creating an environment, with appropriate structure and discipline, that promotes two-way communication within and outside own area of responsibility
PLANNING & ORGANISING
Delivering against short, medium and longer-term priorities; taking accountability for delivering against personal objectives
IMPACT AND INFLUENCE
Influencing others through a combination of personal impact, gravitas, knowledge and experience
Willingly sharing knowledge and information with colleagues and working collaboratively with them to achieve personal, team and organisation goals
FLEXIBILITY & ADAPTABILITY
Demonstrating the ability to change and adapt personal behaviours or work processes to accommodate the changing needs of the organisation.
Our values represent the spirit and ethos of our business. They drive actions and behaviours and encompass how we go about our engaging with each other:
We are open, approachable, respectful and responsive.
We communicate openly and work together effectively with members and colleagues.
We are proud to represent the retail industry and consistently strive to improve.
We look forward, adapt, and continually seek new opportunities and ideas.
We constantly deliver value to our industry and make things happen in the right way.
We Continually Provide Value Together
Salary & package
- Competitive base salary, plus attractive benefits package.
- This is a permanent full time opportunity (35 hours per week), based at our head office in London Bridge.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your CV and covering letter, stating your current salary and notice period, to Jenna Coburn, HR Advisor at email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Or Jenna Coburn, HR department, BRC, 4th Floor, 2 London Bridge, London, SE1 9RA.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 31st May 2019, we will be progressing with interviews with suitable candidates ahead of this closing date.
For external applicants: if you have not received any feedback within 14 days of your application, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. May we thank you for your interest and wish you every success in your ongoing job search.