Closing date for applications: September 24, 2021
The BRC is the leading trade association for UK retailers, with a prominent public profile. Retail membership is comprised of over 170 major retailers - whether operating physical stores, multichannel or pureplay online - plus thousands of smaller, independent retailers through smaller Trade Associations that are themselves members of the BRC. Our central office The Form Rooms, is based a grade II listed converted Victorian school building owned by the BRC. The basement and the ground floor are used as a flexible meeting and event space available for hire and the top four floors are used as office space. The BRC occupies the first floor, with the other floors being let out.
Based at Reception in our beautiful, refurbished building on Tower Street, in the Seven Dials area of London, our Client Experience Co-Ordinators will be dealing with client and supplier liaison from enquiry through to the successful delivery of all events and office management. This person is responsible for encouraging a high standard of operation within the business with a friendly approachable manner and excellent customer service. Other activities for the Client Experience Co-ordinator include providing administrative support to BRC departments to ensure the efficient and effective day to day running of the business.
The Client Experience Co-ordinator roles report to the Facilities Manager.
General duties will include.
Corporate Reception and Events
- Establishing good working relationships with all staff and tenants.
- Welcoming and directing visitors - be first point of contact for the venue.
- Answering all incoming calls, emails and online bookings promptly, professionally, and courteously.
- Support in the coordination of functions and events.
- Enquiry handling, diary management, quoting prices, sending proposals, show rounds and confirming events in the diary with prospective clients.
- Chase enquiries and the follow up of proposals.
- Liaise with clients on final details to include catering and equipment requirements and maintaining a function sheet.
- Main point of contact on event days for event bookers
- Billing and management reporting as required
- Planning and ordering equipment & event supplies
- Organise catering and temporary event staff.
- Meeting room and AV set up and tidy up.
- AV technical support for events and meetings.
- Unlock and check meeting rooms before delegates arrive.
- Serve and replenish refreshments.
- Clear down communal refreshment areas and meeting rooms throughout the day
- Deal with any complaints / comments as appropriate
- Book transport as required.
- Attend training as appropriate.
- Assist in any other reasonable duties as required.
- Process facilities requests from employees for assistance, repairs, and maintenance.
- Comply with health & safety, Covid safety and fire regulations & standards for role/environment and highlight any concerns.
- Fulfil first aid and fire marshal roles (training will be provided)
- Ordering of facilities and office supplies as required.
- Become a proficient user of the CRM system and provide support to BRC departments with data administration and member enquiries.
- Support the Policy departments with team administration as required, specifically around diary management and the coordination of member community meetings.
- Provide administration support to the HR Team with diary management, systems support, and other ad hoc project work as required.
- Be available to support on a range of other administrative duties.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
The ideal role holder will have:
- Relevant experience in a similar role.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Previous experience with visitor management and booking systems preferable.
- Excellent time management and organisation skills.
- The ability to handle complaints and queries in a patient, calm, and effective manner.
- Computer literate in MS packages
- Proactive, flexible, and can-do attitude
- The Client Experience Coordinator roles will work a complementary shift pattern, either early or late, with handover periods.
- There will be a requirement for some flexibility around hours on occasions when either early morning or evening events are running.
- As business and events become established, hours may be reviewed.
Our values represent the spirit and ethos of our business. They drive actions and behaviours and encompass how we go about our engaging with each other:
We are open, approachable, respectful and responsive.
We communicate openly and work together effectively with members and colleagues.
We are proud to represent the retail industry and consistently strive to improve.
We look forward, adapt, and continually seek new opportunities and ideas.
We constantly deliver value to our industry and make things happen in the right way.
We Continually Provide Value Together
SALARY & PACKAGE:
- This is a fixed term contract for an initial 6 month period with the potential to become permanent.
- Competitive salary, plus attractive benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your CV and covering letter, stating your current salary and notice period, to Charlotte Hughes, HR Advisor at: email@example.com.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Friday 24th September 2021.
We will be progressing with interviews with suitable candidates ahead of this closing date. We reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.
For external applicants: if you have not received any feedback within 14 days of your application, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. May we thank you for your interest and wish you every success in your ongoing job search.