The Government’s new strategy to halve child obesity by 2030 proposes changes to the POS, advertising, promotion and labelling of food products which will have significant implications for food retailers.
With Government consultations due to be published from September, this roundtable will help you understand the direction of travel and how the new restrictions will impact the way in which you market and advertise your business. Alongside our BRC policy expert, we'll hear the perspective from suppliers and insights from advertising industry experts.
- Gain insight into the Government’s approach and intentions on regulation and legislation
- Gain clarity on which foods may be restricted and how the restrictions might apply
- Understand the definitions governing in-store promotion
- Consider the impact on your business and how you might need to respond
09.00: ARRIVAL AND BREAKFAST
09.30: BRC POLICY LEAD
- What is in the proposed strategy and what might this mean for retailers?
09.50: VIEW FROM SUPPLIERS
- What are the implications and concerns from a supplier’s perspective? How will this change their approach to provision and promotion of products - and how might this affect retailers?
10.10: EXPERTISE FROM THE ADVERTISING INDUSTRY
- What do the proposals mean in practice for product marketing and promotion on all forms of advertising?
10.30: DISCUSSION AND Q&As
10.50: CLOSING REMARKS
This roundtable is exclusive for BRC Retail Members and free of charge as part of member benefits.
Please note places are limited and will be allocated on a first come, first serve basis.
If you would like more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org