The next HR Directors Meeting is scheduled for 19 March (1pm-2.30pm, MS Teams). These are quarterly meetings aimed at HR Directors and senior leaders, and are an opportunity to update members on the latest developments and for members to set the forward agenda on key strategic issues.
The meeting is by invitation only. If you are a senior HR representative of your organisation and would like to join this and future HR Directors meetings, please contact Luiza.Gomes@brc.org.uk
Please note that we have an additional session on the impact of the National Living Wage (NLW), at the end of the meeting.
We will hear from two external speakers:
- FutureDotNow will discuss their latest report that provides insight into current levels of essential digital capability within the Retail sector.
- Retail Trust will join the session to presents its Happiness Dashboard, which provides accessible intel about your staff wellbeing and feelings of belonging, and informs BRC’s Inclusion Index, the employee angle in our Diversity and Inclusion in UK Retail Report.
We will aim to finish by 2.30pm as planned (including the NLW conversation), but as we have a packed agenda, we’ve decided to run NLW as an additional session and are asking for an extra 15 minutes of your time in case we run over.
HR Directors meeting agenda
19 March 2024, 1 pm – 2.30 pm, Microsoft Teams
1. Welcome and introductions (Amanda Cox, Chair)
2. Closing the workplace digital skills gap (Holly Chate, Chief Operating Officer from FutureDotNow)
3. Retail Trust: Happiness Dashboard (Tim Walpole, Head of Product and Innovation, Jamie Malcolm, Managing Director and Chris Brook-Carter, Chief Executive, Retail Trust)
4. Policy update (Luiza Gomes)
a. Immigration changes
b. Upcoming legislation
c. Revised government guidance
d. Menopause and older workers updates
e. Disclosure and Barring Service: how/if retailers are engaging with it
5. Legislative and Campaign update (Tom McCarthy, BRC)
a. Pre-election engagement
b. Latest meetings with the Labour Party
c. Apprenticeship Levy campaign
d. Crime Survey report and its impact in the retail workforce
6. Additional session: National Living Wage (NLW) uplift: a conversation with the group to understand its impact on retailers (chaired by Luiza Gomes, BRC)