A key function of a non-executive director (NED) is to scan the horizon and be able to support their executive colleagues through informed debate and challenge. An informed external expertise is invaluable, perhaps now more than ever.
use our industry expertise and knowledge
This 12-week programme will provide existing and aspiring non-executive directors the knowledge to enable them to make purposeful and well-informed interventions on a broad range of retail specific topics. The content of this programme has been developed by our British Retail Consortium experts, bringing our extensive industry knowledge together into a single, superb learning experience.
During the programme you will:
- Experience live opening and closing sessions with BRC leaders
- Access thirteen 60-minute modules covering all you need to know about retail
- Connect and collaborate with online group of other NEDs
- Get an exclusive access to our experts and additional programme resources
- Access to the Alumni community after the programme
Who should attend?
Any new or existing NED wanting to take up position on a retail board, or deepen their knowledge about the sector.
It is also a great development programme for those already on the executive team.
Hosted on the BRC digital platform with flexibility to complete modules in your own time and links to other resources for each module.
The modules include:
- Retail workforce transformation
- Customer transactions, now and in the future
- Reputational risk
- Retail across the devolved nations
- Introduction to food safety and hygiene
- Retail market intelligence
- Retail workforce evolution
- Introduction to non-food safety
- Tackling climate change
- Understanding sustainability
- Business rates – a retailers’ view
- Introduction to European trading
- Introduction to international trading
Dates and Prices
Cost: Member - £1,992, Non-Member - £2,490
Dates: 13 April and 10 August 2021
A strategic leadership development programme for existing and aspiring Non-Executive Directors.
Book Your Place
For more information, or to book your place, please email us directlyBook Your Place