The BRC has today (30 October) submitted its response to tranche 2 of the fundamental review of business rates.
The response calls for:
- Continuing but more targeted support for retailers in 2021/22 by 50% relief on business rates
- A reduction in the multiplier from 51p to 35p
- Making valuations more closely linked to actual market conditions through:
- More frequent revaluations
- Better use of real time rent data supplied by ratepayers
- Better access to other data supplied to Government
- Making the appeal system faster and better resourced
The full response can be downloaded below.