The impact of Brexit, whether hard, soft or no deal, is enormous for the industry and the consumers it serves. It is essential that retail and consumers get the best possible Brexit deal, in terms of customs, border controls, VAT, and new regulatory structures.
Through the Brexit Community, we help shape the Government’s strategy, help you understand and prepare for the implications, and protect the interests of consumers.
- Corporate & Public Affairs Directors
- Executives in Excise, Customs, Trade, Regulatory Compliance
- Senior executives/managers with responsibility for Brexit planning/work which may cover HR, risk, tax, VAT, other areas
|Delivering a Fair Brexit for Consumers||Ensuring risk of cliff edge is avoided and final deal secures best possible trading environment for members|
Delivering FOR members
- Securing commitment from UK/EU on: Zero-tariff trade, the principle of standstill transition, UK-wide policy frameworks covering food and non-food
- Securing commitment from UK Government for frictionless trade and continuation of EU bilateral FTAs which matter to consumers
- Making the case for a demand-led system on migration
- Campaigning to mitigate the risk of upfront import VAT
- Making submissions to key UK Parliament Select Committees & Bill Committees on Brexit Bills
- Enabling members to access and put their case to Ministers, Shadow Ministers, key MPs, MEPs, Assembly Members, MLAs, MSPs and other decision makers
- Sharing expertise and helping members with Brexit planning
William Bain //
Prior to joining the BRC William was a UK MP shadow minister (2009-2015), an EU & Constitutional Law academic and consultant.