We want to make sure you are aware of the practical ways that our team can help you and your teams at the moment as we all face into the challenges brought about by coronavirus.
- Each day at 12:00 we hold a call for communications and public affairs professionals to share key messages and agree priority actions for engagement with media and other external stakeholders. If you would like to join those calls, please speak to Lara Conradie.
- We share a coronavirus key message document with all attendees after that call. The latest messaging is here. If you would like to receive regular updates to that document please contact Lara Conradie.
- Our media team is available to handle all calls from journalists that relate to how the industry is responding to the crisis and we have spokespeople ready to take broadcast bids. Please contact Tom Holder or Emily Leonard for more information or point journalists towards our out of hours number: + 44 (0) 20 7854 8924.
- Many members are reporting that they are being contacted by backbench MPs who are asking questions on a range of issues. You can pass any such requests to the BRC team. Contact: Chantelle de Villiers or Mathew Morris.
- You can also direct journalists or MPs to the coronavirus hub on our website - - or to the daily BRC bulletin that we are issuing which shows the actions individual retailers are taking to respond to the needs of their customers.
On these, or any other related matters, please also feel free to contact Stephen Bethel at any time.