The Government has announced that the following are to close from midnight tonight, 20 March.
- Food and drink venues for consumption on-site, such as restaurants and cafes.
- Drinking establishments, including pubs, bars, and nightclubs.
- Entertainment venues, including cinemas, theatres, concert halls, and bingo halls.
- Museums and galleries.
- Spas, wellness centres, and massage parlours.
- Casinos and betting shops.
- All indoor leisure and sports facilities, including gyms.
The Chancellor stated that shops would close, but the Prime Minister did not. We have sought clarity from the Treasury have been advised that there is no requirement for shops to close.