BRC Learning

BA (HONS) BUSINESS MANAGEMENT PRACTICE CHARTERED MANAGER DEGREE APPRENTICESHIP

PREPARE YOUR EMERGING TALENT FOR TOMORROW’S RETAIL WORLD

If your wage bill is over £3m, you’ll be paying an Apprenticeship Levy. But many retailers have felt there hasn’t been relevant, high quality and accessible management apprenticeship programmes on which to enrol their staff, so this pot of funding hasn’t been optimised by the industry. What’s more, employers need to move quickly to spend their levy or risk losing the money altogether.

That’s why, BRC Learning together with Leeds Business School, part of Leeds Beckett University, are launching a brand new Degree Apprenticeship that specifically addresses the needs of retailers.

By enrolling members of your team, you’ll equip them with the industry knowledge and practical, relevant experience they will need to capitalise on the opportunities created by a dynamic retail sector. As a bachelor’s degree, and taking three to four years of part-time study to complete, this course represents a cost-effective way to upskill and reward your talent.

Click here to download our course brochure. 

Benefits 

By enrolling your talent on this Degree Apprenticeship, you will:


Students completing this Degree Apprenticeship will:

  • Learn while they earn, rather than incur the debts of a full-time degree course
  • Learn from timely, relevant case studies and real-world issues that matters to the retail industry
  • Kick start their professional network through unique BRC events
  • Prepare themselves for managerial roles in an ever-changing retail workplace
  • Create a portfolio of evidence, rather than study for and sit exams
  • Attain a University qualification furthering professional development
Back to top

COURSE CONTENT

The course covers a range of themes that are crucial to the retail industry now and will have an increasing impact over the next few years.
These include:

 

Future of retail

  As retail undergoes the most significant period of structural change in recent memory, students will develop a detailed understanding of the impact which new technology and changing consumer requirements will have for the industry in the years to come.
       
 

New business models

  Market transformation means that new business models are challenging established ways of working. Students will gain an extensive understanding of the implications of these new approaches and the opportunities which this will present to provide customers with a truly multichannel shopping experience.
       
 

Leaders for the future

  High calibre leadership at all levels of retail companies will be needed to ensure a successful future. The course will provide a comprehensive preparation for participants as they take their next steps in management.


Unique BRC content

  • Specially selected modules that are particularly relevant to the retail industry
  • Retail customised content informed by the latest research and case studies
  • Access to retail experts and thought leaders
  • Alignment with the new BRC Careers Framework preparing retail leaders of the future

 

Modules covered include


See the course handbook for full details of the modules and their content.

 

Back to top

Employer requirements

  • Apprentices must be employed full time and paid at least the minimum wage appropriate to their age.
  • Every apprenticeship must have an Apprenticeship Agreement between the organisation and the university and also a Commitment Statement between the apprentice, the employer and the university confirming the responsibilities of each party with regard to the apprenticeship.
  • In most cases the employer will recruit the apprentice but we can work with you to promote your opportunities via the BRC website.
  • Apprentices must spend a minimum of 20% of their time off their regular job and working towards their Degree.
  • Employers must provide a workplace mentor for the apprentice. 

Back to top

Costs and Funding

  • Levy-paying retailers will pay for apprenticeship training through your levy account. If you exceed the spend on your Levy account you will then move to the co-funded model where you will pay 10% of the cost and the Government will co-fund this by 90%.
  • If you are a non-levy paying organisation the government will co-fund your apprenticeship training by contributing 90% of the costs and you will pay the remaining 10% of costs.
  • The course fee is £27,000 over 4 years.
Back to top

Cohort start dates

Delegates will be able to join either an open group, or if there are sufficient numbers we can offer a closed group for your employees. 

Open groups start:

  • September 2018
 
  • February 2019
 
  • April 2019

 

Closed groups can be started at any time.

Back to top

 

Next Steps

Contact the BRC Apprenticeships line on 020 7854 8921 for an informal discussion or email us at apprenticeships@brc.org.uk with your enquiry.

Back to top