At the heart of retail is the need to provide customers with safe, legal products that meet their requirements. Failing to do so can be catastrophic, physically, financially and reputationally.
Focusing on non-food the Buying Community works closely with members to increase their understanding of the issues relating to the safety of non-food products and to influence policy and effectively manage risks
- Non-food Technical Directors
- Policy Managers, Regulatory Managers
- Product Safety Managers, Technical, Development and Quality Assurance Managers
|Ensuring safe products for consumers||Clear visibility on the new regulatory system post Brexit, including REACH, CE marking and new product standards|
Delivering For members
- Industry-leading Dress-Up Code of Practice now being pursued as a European Standard
- Produced Food Imitation Guidelines to provide consistency against Trading Standards challenges. Government and Trading Standards endorsed
- Nappy Sack Guidelines produced for and with members and RoSPA, portraying members as responsible
- Ensured realistic guidelines in PAS 7100 Product Recalls standard
- Delivered 16 months derogation on LED lighting chains regulations
- Provided benchmarking data, helping members save money and protecting consumers and brands
Retail Products Policy Adviser
Adrian Simpson manages the buying community. He has recently joined the BRC following a career in trading standards. Prior to the BRC Adrian worked at both the Chartered Trading Standards Institute and QA Scheme Support Services LTD, helping businesses to comply with rules and regulations. He is a Chartered Trading Standards Practitioner and passionate about helping members to supply goods that are safe and compliant.
Contact Adrian by email.