Our industry is in transformation; consumer behaviour is shifting towards a digital economy, and the cost of handling payments and providing credit is escalating, meaning profits are under increasing threat. New payment types are being developed, increasing competition in the market and potential benefits for retailers, but also bringing new regulations and complexities.
Through the Finance Community, BRC members can understand these dynamics and maintain pressure on Government to reduce the cost of doing business.
For examples of recent policy wins on behalf of members from this and other communities, check out our Member Value Statement.
Within the Finance Community are the following Working Groups. To join these groups, please email Hannah Regan.
- Payments Group: we look at payments issues and concerns, with a focus on card fees, access to cash, and open banking.
- Consumer Credit Group: we look at any issues arising within the consumer credit world, including buy-now pay-later.
- Finance Directors
- Payment Architects
- Treasury/Payments/Compliance Managers
- Senior Commercial Finance Managers
- Insights/CX/UX specialists
- Associate Members
Policy Adviser – Finance
Hannah Regan manages the finance community. She has recently joined the BRC from the Financial Conduct Authority. At the FCA Hannah focused on insurance and mortgage policy, and prior to this she focused on wider consumer policy and strategy.
Contact Hannah by email for more information.