Terms and conditions
The term 'BRC' or 'us' or 'we' refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 4th Floor, 2 London Bridge, London, SE1 9RA. Our company registration number is 405720 in England and Wales. The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Personal information may be stored by us for use by third parties.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Event terms and conditions
These Terms and Conditions will apply to any booking you make. Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully and make sure you understand them.
Registration and Bookings
- When registering for the Event, the party making the booking will be asked to provide information about the delegate(s) attending. The rates and packages available to the delegates will be determined based on the information provided, including but not limited to the organisation’s membership status.
- To be eligible for any member rates (discounted or otherwise), organisations must be live members of the British Retail Consortium at the time of booking and at the time of the Event. If your organisation’s membership status changes prior to the event, or your organisation has not paid its membership invoice, your booking will be updated to the relevant non-member rate and a new / additional invoice will be issued to you.
- We reserve the right to change the applicable rates for your booking where an organisation’s membership status has changed.
- Delegates will receive an automated confirmation of their booking from the British Retail Consortium once the booking has been processed. If you have not received that confirmation within five working days of your registration, please email the events team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Full joining instructions will be sent to all booked delegates approximately one week before the Event.
- Where a group booking is offered to your organisation, delegates must book as a group in one booking and identify a lead booker.
- The lead booker will receive an automated confirmation of their group booking from the British Retail Consortium once the booking has been processed.
- If, as the lead booker, you have not received that confirmation within five working days of your registration, please email the events team at email@example.com
- Full joining instructions will be sent to the lead booker approximately one week before the Event.
- If a delegate is no longer able to attend the Event, we welcome substitute delegates attending at no additional cost.
- All requests for substitutions must be received via email at least 24 hours before the Event. Changes will become effective on the date of written confirmation.
- Cancellations must be received in writing in advance of the Event.
The following cancellations charges apply to standard fee-paying Events:
6+ weeks notice: Full refund
5-6 weeks notice: 60% refund
4-5 weeks notice: 40% refund
0-4 weeks notice: No refund
Failure to attend: No refund
The following cancellation fees apply to the British Retail Consortium Annual Retail Industry Dinner:
12 weeks notice: Full refund
8-11 weeks notice: 60% refund
4-8 weeks notice: 40% refund
0-4 weeks notice: No refund
Failure to attend: No refund
- We require full payment in advance of the Event. All invoices must be paid within 30 days of date of invoice.
- Our preferred method of payment is debit or credit card. We may allow some organisations to request an invoice and pay on account. This is offered at our sole discretion and if you select this option we reserve the right to request payment via another method to confirm your booking.
- If payment is not made at the time of booking, registration will be provisional until full payment is received.
- The Event details and programme are correct at time of the date of publication. However, it may be necessary for reasons beyond the control of the British Retail Consortium to to alter the content and timing of the Event programme. The British Retail Consortium therefore reserves the right to make changes to the Event programme, venue and timings where necessary.
- In the unlikely event of the Event being cancelled by the British Retail Consortium, a full refund will be made. Our liability will be limited to the amount of the fee paid by the delegate.
- In the event of it being found necessary, for whatever reason, that the Event is postponed or the dates are changed, the British Retail Consortium shall not be liable for any expenditure, damage or loss incurred by the delegate.