Corporate Affairs Community
Retail is transforming fast as shopping habits change and businesses invest in new ways of serving their customers.
The Corporate Affairs community ensures that there is a loud and clear voice describing the causes and effects of this transformation and advocating on behalf of the industry. We are focused on promoting and protecting the reputation of the retail industry with its stakeholders, and influencing the economic and policy environment to promote investment and growth. We work with the UK government, and in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
Monthly campaign meeting:
- Get the latest updates across our priority campaigns, and input to our forward plans
- Dates: 24 November, 22 December 2023: 26 January, 23 February, 23 March
- Time: 11am-12pm
- Contact Stephen Bethel.
Fortnightly comms call
- Check in on live media issues and shape our messaging
- Every other Tuesday, 12pm-12.40pm
- Contact Lara Conradie.
For examples of recent policy wins on behalf of members from this and other communities, check out our Member Value Statement.
Within the Corporate Affairs Community are the following Working Groups. To join these groups, please email Nadia Smith.
- Scottish Retail Consortium: SRC’s mission is to make a positive difference to the industry and its customers, working to shape and influence debates that will make that positive difference. We publish leading indicators on Scottish retail sales, footfall and shop vacancies and our policy positions are informed by our membership and determined by the SRC’s Board.
- Welsh Retail Consortium: WRC’s mission is shape and influence debates that will make a positive difference to the industry and its customers. We publish leading indicators on Welsh shopper footfall and shop vacancies and our policy positions are informed by our membership and determined by the WRC Community.
- North Ireland Retail Consortium: NIRC’s mission is to shape and influence debates that will make a positive difference to the industry and its customers We publish leading market indicators and our policy positions are informed by our membership and determined by the NIRC Community.
- Corporate Affairs and Communications Directors
- Executives/Senior Managers with responsibilities for media relations, communications, government and public affairs across the UK and devolved nations
- Associate Members
Corporate Affairs Director
Stephen joined BRC in January 2018 and leads the BRC’s communications and public affairs teams, working across the organisation’s priority campaigns. He is an experienced corporate affairs professional with a background in media relations, public affairs and employee engagement.
Stephen spent his early career at the Department for Transport and Ministry of Defence, and prior to joining BRC held senior positions with BAE Systems, Bombardier and Bupa.
Contact Stephen by email.