Timber Development UK are hosting the below events next week and have extended the invite to any BRC members.
- 15th June, next Wednesday - online B2B workshop with the Malaysian Timber Council (MTC). There will be about 30 Malaysian suppliers (members of MTC) from the moulding and joinery, flooring, doors, furniture and picture frame sector joining to share about their industry and company. It is a 2-hours event via Zoom with the aim to connect interested UK importers with Malaysian suppliers.
If anyone is interested, please email to email@example.com with their name, company name and interested product scope.
- 16th – 17th June, next Thursday and Friday - UKTR online boot camp hosted by the TTF in collaboration with the UK Competent Authority (OPSS), Soil Association (RPP auditing body) and NGOs.
The event aims to cover the practical side of due diligence for UKTR and provide a platform for company to exchange experience and insight. We have invited a few TTF members to give a sharing on their own experience and practical tips with due diligence. At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Hear from OPSS on latest enforcement position on timber sourcing from Ukraine/Russia/Belarus
- Know how to start due diligence and complete due diligence summary reports
- Know what information to obtain and assess for timber products from a low-risk country / product with certification
- Calibrate existing due diligence practice / procedures
- Access to free tools and resources to help with risk assessment and mitigation
The link for registration is below: